We are a fast-growing international company with more than 150 people of 27 different nationalities. Working at Quby means being part of a close group of passionate and ambitious experts. We love to work hard and challenge each other to find the best solutions.
As a Big Data Architect, you will design the solution Architecture, including software components, scaling and deployment requirements. You will work closely together with the senior Stakeholders at Quby, as well as the technologists, in jointly designing and developing a scalable and production grade software solution around data. We value self-motivated individuals who work well in a collaborative environment, constantly generating and sharing new ideas with the team.
- You understand Big Data models, and how they can address business needs.
- You design and maintain Quby’s data Architecture and ensure it fits the overall Enterprise Architecture.
- Within the Product teams, you participate in the creative process during refinement sessions and support the Developers during the implementation phase.
- You design scalable algorithms, analytics software and web/backend applications that can control and manage their own data and that integrate with external systems using open web standards such as REST based web services.
- You understand the benefits of and can leverage Open Source technologies.
- You make data driven decisions to improve costs, stability and performance.
- You drive innovation by exploring new developments in Big Data technology.
Who you are
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Econometrics, Mathematics, or a related field like Business or Economics.
- You are self-motivated, able to produce quality work in a small, focused and dedicated team with clear mandate and purpose.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. You believe that an idea that can’t be expressed clearly to your peers isn’t yet a good idea.
- Software Engineering background, familiar with R, Python, Java and/or Scala.
- You demonstrate experience in using Big Data and complex analytics that support business decisions using technologies, specifically with Apache Spark.
- You have good grasp of web application security in general and authentication and authorisation mechanisms in particular.
- You are aware of the implications of privacy policies on the solutions you design and can implement privacy by design.
- You have proven experience with design and implementation of big data solution based on public cloud technology from either Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
- You have a solid foundation in analytics and complex data processing algorithms and how to use them to make choices appropriate to business problem domains.
- You are familiar with concepts and problems around the underlying infrastructure for Big Data Solutions, such as, Distributed Computing, Network Storage, Data Centre Networking, and Virtualisation. You can relate to IT specialists in the various disciplines.
- Fluent in English required, Dutch is a big plus.
What Quby offers you
Most importantly: just over 150 very enthusiastic colleagues who love working with new technology and innovative solutions for smart energy and smart living!
- Enjoy a competitive salary with great benefits.
- Pension plan, 75% contribution by Quby.
- Travel reimbursement.
- Learn on the go: yearly 5% of your year salary available for personal development.
- Flexible working hours, start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
- Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
- Regular Friday night drinks, game nights and other fun events.
- Lunch & learns.
- 25 vacation days.
- Bi-weekly chair massages.
- Collective Health Insurance.
Interested? Send in your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible. An online assessment and case are part of the selection process.