The majority of the Software for these devices is written in C. You will be involved in developing middleware Software for the Display, working on the QT user interface or writing (bare metal) firmware for the peripherals.
- Develop middleware software for our Linux-based display, the Toon.
- Develop Embedded Software for our Microcontroller-based peripherals in the Toon product family.
- Design, implement and document in- and external APIs.
- Implement automated tests as a part of development.
- Maintain close communication with other Software Engineers, System Architects, Hardware Engineers and system integration teams throughout the Design and development cycle.
Who you are
A fast learner who thrives in challenging environments and has a creative yet pragmatic approach to problem solving. You are a team player with excellent communications skills, who is curious by nature and takes ownership at work. You have worked before in in Agile/Scrum environment.
- Bachelor / Master degree in Computer Science or a similar field.
- At least 3+ years of hands- on Software development experience with C, within a Linux environment (preferably Embedded);
- Experience with Version Control systems, preferably Git.
- Experience debugging/profiling embedded systems, for instance with GDB.
- You like working on Home Automation / Smart Living solutions.
- You have hands on experience with Continuous Integration and tools/technologies such as Jenkins (Job DSL), Docker and automated testing.
- You have experience with unit testing and mocking.
- You have experience with XML and JSON-based message protocols.
Big plus is experience with:
- Resource constrained ARM architectures.
- Configuration Management, for supporting different hardware architectures and product options from a single code base.
- Wireless protocols like BLE, Z-Wave or ZigBee.
- Linux kernel module development.
- Security related techniques for embedded Software.
- Embedded software tools such as debuggers, scopes and analysers.
What Quby offers you
- A competitive salary with great benefits.
- Yearly personal development worth 5% of your year salary.
- Flexible working hours – start the day between 8:00 and 10:00.
- A pension plan with 75% contribution by Quby.
- Travel reimbursements.
- Free fruit & great coffee and tea.
- Friday night drinks, game nights and other fun events.
- Lunch & learns.
- 25 vacation days.
- Bi-weekly chair massages.
- Collective health insurance.
- A family of over 150 very enthusiastic colleagues!
Interested? Send in your resume and motivation letter (in English) as soon as possible. An online Assessment and case study are part of the selection process.